If a special shaped of ceramic substrates is required, please advise and we will be happy to quote in addition larger or smaller size available by quotation.
Discounts on large quantities.
Our laser machining, polishing, and lapping processing services include:
- Laser precise cutting, drilling, and scribing of ceramics from stock
- Laser marking Ceramic Substrates.
- Delivery from in stock Alumina , Zirconia , Silicon Nitride or Aluminum Nitride Substrates
- High-precision optical alignment capability
- High-resolution measurement capability with +/- 5 micron accuracy
- Flex-circuit skiving and programmed pattern cutting
- Single-, dual-, and quad-beam laser systems that offer fabrication flexibility and maintain tight tolerances across production runs
- Available expert advice from on-staff senior application specialists
- Computerized job tracking for efficient and accurate expediting
- Design and application and engineering assistance
Ceramic Substrates Material Selection:
Alumina Oxide (Al2O3) – The most widely used ceramic
Zirconia oxide (ZrO2) – Extremely strong and tough
Aluminum Nitride (AlN) – Excellent thermal conductivity
Silicon Nitride (Si3N4) – Excellent fracture toughness at high temperatures and thermal shock resistance
Standard Thickness and Common Sizes:
Alumina 96% 4.000″ x 4.000″ x 0.008″
Alumina 96% 4.000″ x 4.000″ x 0.010″
Alumina 96% 4.000″ x 4.000″ x 0.025″
Alumina 96% 4.000″ x 4.000″ x 0.040″
Thin-Film Substrates 4.500″ x 4.500″ x 0.025″ Polished Both Sides
Alumina 4.500″ x 4.500″ x 0.035″
Zirconia Oxide 4.500″ x 4.500″ x 0.036″
Alumina 99.5% 2.000″ x 2.000″ x 0.060″
Alumina 99.5% 4.500″ x 4.500″ x 0.060″
Alumina 99.5% 5.500″ x 5.500″ x 0.060″
Ortech offers a wide range of sizes and thicknesses. If your requirements are outside those listed, we can customize our products to
meet your needs. Pricing and availability may be subject to change.