Boron Nitride (BN) Overview
Boron nitride ceramics (BN) are a class of advanced ceramics that possess unique properties, including high thermal conductivity, high electrical resistance, high temperature stability that can perform up to 2000C in vacuum and inert atmosphere, and excellent lubricity. BN ceramics are composed of boron and nitrogen atoms arranged in a hexagonal lattice structure similar to graphite, which gives it its unique properties.
Some common applications of BN ceramics include:
- High-temperature insulation: BN ceramics can withstand extremely high temperatures, making them ideal for use as thermal insulation in high-temperature environments.
- Semiconductor processing: BN ceramics are often used in the production of semiconductors due to their high thermal conductivity and electrical insulation properties.
- Cutting tools: BN ceramics have excellent lubricating properties, making them ideal for use as cutting tools in the manufacturing industry.
- Atomic reactors: BN ceramics are used in the construction of nuclear reactors due to their ability to withstand high temperatures and high radiation environments.
- Aerospace industry: BN ceramics are used in various applications in the aerospace industry, such as heat shields, nose cones, and thermal insulators for spacecraft.
BN ceramics can be produced using several methods, including hot pressing, hot isostatic pressing, and spark plasma sintering. The properties of BN ceramics can also be tailored by controlling the processing parameters, such as the pressure, temperature, and sintering time.
Overall, BN ceramics are a versatile class of advanced ceramics that find numerous applications in various fields due to their unique properties
Ortech provides state-of-the-art Boron Nitride manufacturing by the most cost-effective processes. Ortech Boron Nitride maintains efficient manufacturing facilities that support quick-turn prototype development and high volume production..