Silicon Nitride Balls
Silicon Nitride Balls are specified for use in such high-technology industries such as full ceramics bearing, hybrid bearings, aerospace and defense, they are featured in these advanced characteristics:
- Excellent corrosion resistance withstands attack from harsh chemicals and demanding environmental conditions.
- Lightweight Silicon Nitride weighs 60% less than steel which reduces centrifugal force, skidding, wear under high speed and acceleration.
- Superior Surface Finish, Ra 0.17-0.25 micro inches may extend L-10 life to as much as 10 times that of steel bearings.
- High Temperature Hardness is twice as hard than steel. These all-ceramic balls retain their strength and hardness up to 1800 degrees F.
- Further characterized by its low density of 3.2 g/cc, high flexural strength of 1.0 GPa, and fracture toughness of 6 MPa/M2.
- Ortech balls manufacturing capability ranges in size from 0.5mm to 63.50mm.
- We offer Silicon Nitride balls conforms to ASTM Specification F2094; Class I and Class II materials .
|ABMA Grade||Round DIA Toler Per Ball||Basic DIA Toler||Surface Roughness in Micro-inches|
|3||.000003″ (.08)||±.000030″ (±.75)||0.5 (0.012)|
|5||.000005″ (.13)||+.000050/-.000040 (+1.25/-1)||0.8 (0.02)|
|10||.000010″ (.25)||+.000050/-.000040 (+1.25/-1)||1.0 (0.025)|
|16||.000016″ (0.4)||+.000050/-.000040 (+1.25/-1)||1.0 (0.025)|